Thursday, February 18, 2010

Felt Sympathy For Atheists: Have You Ever Felt Deep Sympathy For Those Who Turn To Prayer In Times Of Need?

Atheists: Have you ever felt deep sympathy for those who turn to prayer in times of need? - felt sympathy for

I am an IS at a summer camp, and I am also an atheist.

Anyway, I worked in a cabin full of girls 13 years old the last meeting. Needless to say, they are not really a kind of "spiritual". But I have this notebook on the floor and opened it and saw one of my girls to write all the pages of records.

They have begun to "Sir" or "Merciful Father", etc. followed by a short prayer. She wrote about how her mother hated her, but she was beautiful, because his father was happy with his new girlfriend. She apologized for still not enough to pray, or writing and not complain, but only pray for better things at home. She wrote about how his grandfather died and prayed for him in heaven. I feel terrible, lIke've saw something really special ... Something that should not be considered.

But what I really want them so honestly. I was so sure in their belief that someone took care of everything and very grateful, even through their suffering. And then I realized that some people like her need to believe in God in order to maintain stability. Sometimes I wish I could believe, but I can not.

Have you ever sympathy for those who need to believe?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good way to help themselves. It's not like they think that God descends and help, which only help to restore order, like a diary, only to turn to God.

Anonymous said...

Yes ... but I think it comforts her, and although no one has heard his prayer, that she believes to be protected, doing something worthwhile, I think.

Anonymous said...

I sympathize with her empathy, I was sorry for her and her situation.

Do not think anyone needs to "believe" in order to do so through hard times though. Of course, you have to believe in something, but the belief is that things get better with time - hope - is sufficient. It was more than enough to help me through more than a dark moment. They take the initiative to do what we can improve their own situation, is a good measure as well. I understand that this may be difficult for a child, but also improve the simple change of thought and action can be your chances significantly, if not the whole situation.

Post a Comment